Friday, February 08, 2008

Horrible week


Started off okay nothing out of the ordinary. I read blogs I know I have been terrible at posting and commenting. Read email. Now I need you all who read this to please go the the below link before reading the whole post. Got this email from a relative.

Made an awesome supper. Roast, carrots, potates, homeade buns. The works. My husband had a city council meeting that nite. Kaylee had a normal day. Played all day, got into everything she shouldn't be in. Mike got home about 10 to 6. I had just changed kaylee's pants and she started to not feel good. She started getting warm. Sat down to eat, Kaylee was shivering. So gave her some motrin. Sat in the recliner with her while mike ate. He got done and went to shower. I checked her temp. 100. Fifteen minutes later 101. Within 20 minutes she was that high already. Something told me we should head to SF to acute care.(which is 40 miles from us) Told mike that we shouldn't wait til morining. By this time she is moaning and grunt breathing. She does that when she gets really sick. So we get in the car stop at city hall to tell them Mike isn't going to be there. Get on the road. I call acute care to make sure they are open til 9. Then call my daycare gal(she seen us at city hall). Called a friend of ours cause her little guy was sick. Wondering what kind of symptoms he was having. Okay we get on the interstate. From our exit it goes Viborg, Fairview, Davis/Hurley, Canton, Worthing, Lennox/Parker, then tea exits then sioux falls. Okay the Vibrog exit I notice kaylee isn't moaning anymore. I look down, I know I was being very illegial by holding her, her eyes are in the back of her head. She is now seizing. I am rubbing her chest vigourously to get her to cry or make any noise to know she is breathing. NOTHING! I start giving her breaths, cause I am not seeing her take any. Mike is driving 109 and on the phone with Canton dispatch. I don't know how many breaths I gave her, finally I got her to make a faint moan. So from then til the Lennox/Parker exit I kept rubbing her vigourously to keep her making noise or crying. Cause as long as she was doing either I knew she was breathing. We met an ambulance at the Lennox/Parker exit. In the ER check her temp, 105.6. In an hour we went from 101 to 105 explains the febrile seizure. They did blood work, chest x-ray, influenza and RSV test. Everything came back normal. Watch her fever and follow up with your doctor in a couple of days. FRUSTRATING! Wed we went to the doctor. All the same tests done again. Chest x-ray showed pneumonia. Then yesterday they called and said she has RSV too. Antibiotics yah! Treatable is good. This is the first time in her life she has had an illness that was treatable with anitbiotics and not viral and it had to run it's course. Last nite she was miserable. Today feeling better. Mom and Dad are stressed beyond words. I know I kinda shortened it a bit, but you would be reading for hours if I put every little detail in. I think this gets the point across.

Now back to the link. I read that email that morning. Remember I said something was pushing me to take her to acute care and not wait. Well I now know it was the lord helping me up out of that recliner to tell my husband we are going. It was the lord sitting in the car with us, keeping me calm enough to not panic and give her breaths and to keep her crying. It was him who kept all that EMT training in the back of my mind, that helped get her to cry again, even though I really don't know how my brain functioned that whole 4 minutes from the time she started til the ambulance met us. But he knew he was there holding my hands making them do what they needed to do, he was the one making my mind think and do the things I was taught even though I don't know how. It was him. Monday nite was a nite I will never forget. You always hear people tell of experiences when they have felt the lords presence. I can now say I know what that feels like. And I will never forget it. I am now going to try and be the best christian I can be, cause the Lord has proven his love to me by helping me and loving me enough to make his presence known. I know it is late. But if you all who read this would please say a little prayer for my daughter that this illness get over quickly I would greatly appriciate it. I will update you as to how the weekend goes. Again thank you for all of you who prayer for her.

(Sorry if things aren't spelled right, spell check isn't working)


Jennifer said...

I'm definitely praying Dawn. Here and now.

You poor thing, I'm so glad that your sweet one has something that is treatable, and that the Lord allowed you the wisdom and knowledge to do what needed to be done on Monday night for your baby.

Please keep us updated on her condition. I'll be praying.

God is good.

Christie Belle said...

Wow, how scary! I couldn't imagine. I'm glad to hear that she is starting to feel better though. It sounds like you really kept your cool as much as you could. God is an awesome God. I'm so glad the outcome wasn't any worse and I've already said a prayer for her to continually get better.

Kari said...

Oh my! That had to be the scariest thing EVER!

I'm so glad that you were able to take such good care of her. Kaylee is lucky to have such a good Mommy!

My prayers are with you.

Dawn said...

Thank you all of you. It means alot that Christie and Jennifer, you only know us through a blog and are generally concerned and take the time to pray for her. Kari thanks for saying I am a good mommy. She is at that age where we are trying to set limits and it is hard. So sometimes when I tell her no or give her a little pat because she is doing something she isn't suppose to I feel like a bad mommy. Again thank you for any and all prayers. Today she is even better. She is still coughing, but needs to get that pneumonia out. It is still hard to just let her cough sometimes cause it sounds like it hurts. But hopefully by the beginning of the week we are 100% better.

Jamey said...

All I can say is OH MY GOSH!!! I know this happened a while ago, but I am just reading it. How scary!! I'm glad everything turned out OK! We are at the Harrisburg exit, we must not be too far from you! Funny! I was going to tell you I posted instructions on how to make those headers on my blog. I have had quite a few people ask and I usually email them or something. So I finally figured out that I could just post it and everyone could read it. It's so much fun to play around and make those headers. I hope you have fun too. Thanks for visiting my blog!!