Saturday, June 28, 2008
Rules of SOUTH DAKOTA
1. Pull your droopy pants up. You look like an idiot.
2. Let's get this straight; it's called a 'gravel road.' I drive a pickup truck because I want to. No matter how slow you drive, you're going to get dust on your Lexus. Drive it or get out of the way.
3. They are cattle. That's what they smell like to you. They smell like money to us. Get over it. Don't like it? I-90 goes east and west. I-29 goes north and south. Pick one.
4. So you have a $60,000 car. We're impressed. We have $250,000 combines that are driven only 3 weeks a year.
5. So every person in every pickup waves. It's called being friendly. Try to understand the concept.
6. If that cell phone rings while a bunch of ducks are coming in, we WILL shoot it out of your hand. You better hope you don't have it up to your ear at the time.
7. Yeah, we eat South Dakota roast beef, pork chops & corn on the cob. You really want sushi & caviar? It's available at the corner bait shop.
8. The 'Opener' refers to the first day of pheasant season and the first day of deer season. It's a religious holiday.
9. We open doors for women. That is applied to all women, regardless of age.
10. No, there's no 'vegetarian special' on the menu. Order steak. Or you can order the Chef's Salad and pick off the 2 pounds of ham & turkey.
11. When we fill out a table, there are three main dishes: meats, vegetables, and breads. We use three spices: salt, pepper, and ketchup!!
12. You bring 'coke' into my house, it better be brown, wet, and served over ice. You bring 'Mary Jane' into my house, she better be cute, know how to shoot, drive a truck, and have long hair.
13. College and high school basketball is as important here as the Lakers and the Knicks, and a dang site more fun to watch.
14. Yeah, we have golf courses. But don't hit the water hazards -- it spooks the fish.
15. Colleges? Try South Dakota State, University Of South Dakota, or Northern State College. They come outta there with an education plus a love for God and country, and they still wave at passing pickups when they come for the holidays.
16. We have lots of folks in the Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marines, so 'Don't Mess with South Dakota'. If you do, you will get whipped by the best.South Dakota is the greatest state ever!!If you are from South Dakota, you are one bad hombre!!!If you do not repost this, you are not a true South Dakotan!!!!!
Posted by Dawn at 6:37 PM
Thursday, June 26, 2008
Posted by Dawn at 10:28 AM
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Monday, June 23, 2008
So this weekend didn't pan out like I had in my mind. First off I worked thursday nite. So I got off work Friday morning at 6am. Had to go to a safety thing for work. So I got home about 8am. Then I made a special gift for a coworker. She had her baby that nite at work. Then I think it was 9:30am when I finally laid down to get some sleep. I slept until about noon. Picked up kaylee, after getting ready, from the neighbors. She is my backup daycare. Off to my husband's work. There got a chip fixed in the windshield in the van. Then me and Kaylee were off to go see the new baby. The gal I work with that is, they have a little girl that is 6 days older than Kaylee. But she wasn't there. After visiting for awhile we left and went to Walmart for some shopping.
Saturday my plan was to get caught up on laundry. I had put a load in the washer and was checking email. I went back to see if my clothes in the dryer was dry. Well now mind you I feel very sheepish about this. The washer wasn't running. I opened the lid thinking it was broke. Our water lines are really small. So the rinse cycle took a little longer to run water in. Well I thought it wasn't working at all. I turned it to different cycles and it would spin. So I called my mom. Her brother has an appliance store, that she works at. She told me they had a washer for us. So then I called my husband and was telling him what was going on. While on the phone with him I was back looking at the washer. I shut the lid and low and behold it started running. Dummy me, it was unbalanced. I forgot that it stops when it gets unbalanced. Which for an old set is pretty good. So they we weren't going to get the new one, but my mom convinced me to get a new pair. It was a good deal, my uncle would take our old set in on trade and he would drive from Madison to Centerville to fix them if something happened. So we got my brother in law to help us, by using his pickup for the trip. We loaded them up and got our first new set of washer and dryer. The old set was in the house when mike moved in. Which was over 10 years ago. We did find out that our old set wasn't probably running the most accurate. The new set is awesome. We got a Whi*rlpool. So anyways that is what we ended up doing on Saturday.
Sunday we had a family reunion. After coming home I decided it was time to take Kaylee to the pool for the first time this summer. She was ready to just jump in when we got there. We got in and she fell in and under. Then we were scared. It took a little while but then we tried again. As long as I was right behind her she was okay. Then eventually I was just along side her. She was loving it. She did swallow her fair share of water. But for the most part liked it alot. If you ask her she went wimming. So that was our weekend in a nut shell. Hope everyone else had a good weekend.
Posted by Dawn at 8:06 AM
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
So I know it has been almost 2 weeks since this happened. But here it is. I was not impressed with the carnival and food. But let me tell you Rascal Flats made up for everything else. It was awesome.
Posted by Dawn at 5:38 AM
Monday, June 16, 2008
So it has been awhile since I just posted happenings. Well I am hoping that that will get alot better after yesterday. Here is why. We finally got our tax incentive check last friday. My husband told me like 3 months ago that you are going to buy a new computer with that. For one if he didn't want to spend money on something like that he should never have said it. So yesterday I got my new computer. I didn't get a desktop. I got a laptop. So far I love it. Right now I am sitting in my comfortable chair in the living room typing this. It is also nice cause as most of you know we live in a single wide trailor(HAHA)so the living room is in the front of the house. Where our desktop is is in the back of the house where you can't see what is going on outside. SO that is a nice thing too. So this new computer also runs really fast. That was one of my other reasonings for not posting as much, I was using my moms desktop and for some reason her's runs terrible slow. So now I won't get so frustrated when trying to post something. So that is one thing I have new to tell.
Oh yes this is going to be a long post, I gots lots more to tell.
In april my little brother and his fiance got married. They just did a little wedding, they would like to renew their vows in a year. They originally were going to get married in July but a little bundle got in the way. She would have been due the day before the date the had originally set. So they went to the justice of peace and then had a nice reception with family and friends. So now I have an offical new sister-in-law. I really had considered her that before then. There baby is due the
10th of July but I don't think that she will see that date. They are having another boy.
My other brother and his girlfriend got engaged too. The day we went to the zoo, that nite he asked her to marry him. They will probably show up one day married. He doesn't like big groups of people ohing and awing over him. And doesn't like 20 questions. SO I can see him doing that. Not a big deal. They are the ones that have the little precious girl that was born on my 30th b-day.
So now they stuff that I have failed to get posted about us. We now our the owners of a van. I say we are now like everyone our age, I am a soccer mom. The reason I say that is because of what we use to drive. We were considered ol folks before. We use to have a Buick Park Avenue. Our banker when we bought the car asked us why we wanted to buy an ol farts car. So we found a really good deal on a nice van so now we are in the right age bracket.
So that is the oldest news that I haven't gotten posted lately. I will try to get some pics of things here in the next few days if not today.
Posted by Dawn at 7:54 AM