Monday, December 15, 2008

Update and Baby @ 24 weeks.

Not much new. I am getting bigger faster with this pregnancy. Which I so anticipated. I had to buy maternity clothes way sooner too. I was eight months pregnant with Kaylee when I bought one maternity outfit, and the only reason I bought it was to have something nice to wear to church. Lucky I know but I didn't really look pregnant either. This time is a different story. The baby is doing good. He is starting to have some hard kicks lately. Which is good. I am feeling as good as I can. My headaches are for the most part a little bit better this pregnancy than with the last. But when I get them it is bad. I made a bigger baby purchase last week. With kaylee I borrowed a swing, so I don't have one. I found a graco swing regularly 80 dollars at Lewis for half off, plus I get a discount through my work so I had to buy it. I put it up already and my daughter just thinks it is the best toy ever. She is really good with it though. She will put her baby dolls in it and swing it softly. So I guess that is a good thing. Hopefully she stays nice and doesn't get rough after the baby comes.




We got her back in her big girl bed. Which she is doing really awesome. Out of the week she has been in it there has been one nite she came to our bed before 7 or 8 in the morning. I was actually at work that nite, she came to bed with daddy at like 4 am that nite, so he just put her in bed with him. Otherwise she comes at the earliest 7 but usually 8:30ish in the morning. I am glad it is going good with that subject, cause POTTY TRAINING is not going well at all. All you moms out there that have girls I need all the advice I can get. She thinks it is a game right now. We are so frustrated and I know that doesn't help. But I don't know what else to do. We tried panties with rubber pants, didn't bother her one bit to be wet. So we went to pull-ups. Now we go in the bathroom and strip down. I don't know what to do. I NEED HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!! I have tried a treat, an m&m when she actually does something on the potty, now she thinks she gets one every time she sits on the potty. We do the big toilet with a little seat and without the little seat, and we have a little potty chair. Nothing is working. At daycare we think it is fun to go when another little girl goes and then when we get in there it is playtime. So I see it in her eyes as this is a fun game and not taking it seriously. She turned 2 in August, I know she is young but I would like her to be potty trained during the day by the time the baby gets here. But it isn't working. SO please any advice would be greatly appreciated. Other than that not much else happening in our world.

Baby at 24 weeks
Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.

5 comments:

Tracy said...

Hang in there! Caymen will be 3 in April and she goes potty every once and awhile but nowhere near being potty trained. Doing daycare I know they will do it when they are ready. I understand you wanting her to be trained before the baby comes but sometimes they can feel our frustrations and the more they feel it...they more they WON'T do it.

Swings have sure changed since Caymen was even born. Cute!

Anonymous said...

With Sophia we used a sticker chart. First started out with 5 boxes then when filled she got to pick out of a prize box(cheap stuff from the dollar store). The next chart would increase by 5's and so on. When she was up to 30 to 40 boxes then she earned a big reward to Chuckie Cheese. Then no more charts. She still wears pull ups at night just in case.

Sophia was over 2 1/2 years before she was successful. Before you know it, Kaylee will be ready.

Good Luck!
Laura

Tess said...

Hey lady! Micah was 2 in July and we haven't pushed it yet. He sits there for two seconds and says, "I'm Done" and gets up.. Never doing anything..
So, I guess I don't push it. I truly don't think he is ready. You have to do what you think is right. I think every child is different and as her mom, you know if she is ready or not!

Kari said...

Onna was super easy to potty train... so I don't really know for sure what to tell you. All I did was that I had the little chair next to the regular toilet, then when I went she sat on her potty (I'm a single mom remember).

Not too long before her second birthday she got a diaper rash, so I was leaving the diaper off to let her butt "get some air". She started holding "it" until I put the diaper back on (like 2 hours)! So I figured if she could do that she was ready, and we didn't go back to diapers (except for at night).

Like I said, she was easy, but I think it was because she'd made so many trips to the bathroom with me, she knew what she was supposed to do there.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog. Yes, we've had our tough times, but over all we feel blessed to have one another.

Sounds like things are going well at your house. The swing is amazing. Wow, they've come along way!