Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Did you know and update

So yesterday was my 2nd meeting. I was so not looking forward to it. I had a stressful week at work last week. We have been so busy. 200 and some babies is 20 some days can make a person busy. So needless to say I didn't eat quite right. Then this weekend we had a wedding. Which Kaylee got crabby at and was kinda stressing momma out. So needless to say I didn't pass on cake. Plus we were gone all weekend. Ate alot of fast food cause we weren't home. So last nite I was expecting to either stay the same or gain. The scale was so nice to me. I lost 4 pounds which is a good thing. Cause the last time I joined the 2nd meeting I gained. Which I think is the reason I quit so fast. I got extremely discouraged immediately. So this was a good start. I have been behaving the last few days. So that is my update. Hopefully next week is even better.

Below is an email I got today from my cousin. It makes me sick that she is making that much money. I would die just to get enough money to be debt free, buy 2 nice vehicles and a new house. That is all I want. Do you think she would give to a good charity (HaHa)!



Oprah Winfrey made $260,000,000 from June of 06 to June of 07. Yes, on a check that would be Two Hundred and Sixty Million Dollars. Here is a further breakdown of her 1 year earnings.

Oprah earned:
One Year = $260,000,000
Per Month = $21,666,667
Per Day = $712,328 (that's more than the NFL league minimum for an entire season)
Per Hour = $29,680 (that's roughly the average yearly income for an american individual)
Per Minute = $494.673 (roughly an average persons weekly wage)
Per Second = $8.24 (That's right. Everyt ime Oprah breathes in and then exhales,, she makes around $16.48 cents.)

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

YAY! Way to go on your 4 lbs!
YOU GO GIRL :o)

I'm having a hard time staying on points. My motivation and determination has been lacking. You are a great inspiration to get me back on track!

As much as I'd love to have enough money just to get out of debt... I know that the Lord is always preparing me for the future. I'm sure if I made over $16 dollars with each breath I took, then I really wouldn't be as grateful for our small house, for the jobs that we have, or even for the opportunity to venture on all our 'do-it-yourself' projects to fix up our 1970s house :o)

Hope you have a fantastic Week 3! You are doing great... keep it up :o)

Tracy said...

Good job on the 4lbs! Keep up the great work!!!

Anonymous said...

Thankfully, Oprah does use her money towards good causes. But it does make me sick that there are people out there that make so much money. What does she need it for????

Jen said...

Hi Dawn! Thanks for stopping by my blog. First of all, CONGRATS on your 4 pounds! That's awesome! I was part of Weight Watchers for awhile and thinking about starting again. I can totally sympathize with you on the weight issue. I too have struggled but I know that if I put my mind to it, the weight will come off. Good luck to you and I am praying for you.

Grace said...

Great Job!

I'm praying for you!

Kari said...

Great job on week #2. Keep up the good work and I'm sure you will keep seeing results! Just remember that there will be good weeks and bad weeks, and don't get discouraged during the bad weeks! You have lots of people cheering you on!!